Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Better in Boston

Okay, I certainly must report when something is better in Boston than anywhere else I’ve been. Yes, I know, I rarely take that angle on my blog entries, so pay attention to this one. Bostonians really know how to put on a fireworks show! Bar none, tonight’s show was the most beautiful and amazing and impressive and awesome show I’ve ever seen. If they hadn’t been blasting the corniest music during the thing (though perfectly synchronized, I’ll admit) I would have been in tears. They had every color, ever shape. I mean they even had cube-shaped fireworks! Is that even physically possible? Near the end they had this one that filled the whole sky with shades of white in small splotches. It looked like lichen growing in time-lapse on a rock. Or, Scott really nailed it when he said that it looked like raindrops on sunroof. They also had this one that moved like a spray of grass stalks growing organically. Plus, there’re the ones that have little parachutes holding strings of glowing mini-orbs. Now, maybe pyrotech tech has just made some leaps and bounds in the last year, but I think there was more to it in this particular show. They just knew their stuff. Next year, I encourage all of you to come visit to see for yourself.

Obviously, these capture nothing of the magic, but I’ll post anyway:

No comments: