Thursday, January 10, 2008

Molly Jr. vs. Scott Jr.

The big question when you combine your genes to make a baby is: who does she look like? When she first came out, Tillie looked just like baby pictures of me. See what I’m saying:
Baby Molly:

Baby Tillie:


Then, for the first two months, she seemed to be a clone of my mother, always giving me very thoughtful mother-like looks. This kind of weirded me out--not because I don’t want her to be like my mother (I would love that!)--but because it made me feel a little less like HER mother. It was confusing. Okay, maybe this is perhaps something I should discuss with a psychotherapist…but in the meantime, please compare:
Baby Ruth (yum!):

Baby Tillie:


Anyway, Scott keeps insisting that she looks like his side of the family, but I couldn’t see it. I knew she was getting away from looking like my mom and her sister and instead starting to have Scott’s mother’s coloring. But this week, I finally captured a moment where she looked EXACTLY like Scott. It was very exciting! Check it out:
Baby Scott:

Baby Tillie:


Of course, she just looks like herself really…and I love that!

2 comments:

RoadFoodMaven said...

Tilly looks so much like her mommy that I thought the top photo of her mommy looking in the mirror was in fact Tilly looking in the mirror and not her mommy's mommy looking in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

That's the exact picture of Scott I think of every time I see Tilly. Same head shape, same eyes especially with the little lashes that are more predominant at the outer corners. Tilly, Scott, Scott, Tilly, how will I ever tell them apart?