Monday, January 07, 2008

Clothes Colt

I finally went for-fun clothes shopping for Tillie (as opposed to oh-my-god-poop’s-blasting-out-of-her-too-tight-onsie-we-must-go-to-target clothes shopping). Sadly, I discovered that it is not only possible, but actually quite easy, to spend the same amount of money on an outfit for an infant as it is for yourself. (I saw an adorable sweater dress just her size for $58—ouch!) Instead of spending her college tuition on things she will burst out of in only three months, I hit the bargain rack. Wow, in babyland, they actually mark things down to $0.99. I even got some deals on off season prints, such as thanksgiving pumpkin tights, Easter lamb socks, an autumn-harvest tomato hat, and a summer-time giraffes onsie. Because her fashion seasons are so fleeting, I’ve decided that her outfits must be catalogued for my later enjoyment. This ensemble includes a little something hand-me-down (purple shift and matching bloomers) and a little something cowboy (trompe l'oeil boot booties). She's not yet able to walk down the baby runway I'm constructing, so here's a snapshot with her dapper pal Cat.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zane says: We got her that cat!

Glad to see she likes it.