Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Killer Babies

A new chapter in my ongoing drama with the dogs: I worry for their lives. In all my fretting over dog problems before Tillie’s birth, and believe me I thought of MANY, I never thought that the dogs would be in any danger from the baby. But recently they have discovered how tasty bottles are, and they love to snatch them behind our backs and hide them for a good chew later on. Today, Zephyr walked into my office and barfed up a partially chewed nipple. Not only was this disgusting, but it foreshadowed something much worse. I do not want to have to surgically remove any plastic baby items from my dog’s intestine. We already had to do this two months ago, when the culprit was a produce bag and the victim was Zephyr. It involved major surgery. It cost us $2000. Now let’s see, what would I rather have spent that money on?

Mommy gives Tillie a stern talking to about her murderous bottles.

Daddy is hypnotized by her wily smile.

Innocently playing with Poppie, or conniving to take us down one by one?

No comments: