Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cold Snap

Alas, the real winter is back. I woke up this morning to the chill of a northeastern January in my poorly insulated apartment. This last week in Boston, we had a bit of an Indian summer. Upon returning from the gorgeous Austin weather, I was expecting the harsh Boston winter I had left but, in fact, was treated to a bit of a warm spell here. I mean, I could actually go outside in just a sweater or maybe even one of my autumn jackets--oh joy! To think that only six months ago, I would have found even that kind of 60-degree weather miserably cold. Little did I know what I was in for. I hate winter! The only thing that will take some of the edge off is that I finally bought some winter clothes: several cute sweaters and some snuggly snow boots. These delights will probably get me through next week and then it will be back to my new vice: moping and shivering.


[Image from: www.hillsrain.com/Weather_Station/Events/2005/01-feb/]

No comments: