Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ten Year Quilt

I've got such a serious backlog of quilting projects, it is very strange that I haven't yet blogged about a recent quilting victory. I finally finished the first quilt that I ever started--10 years ago! Even though I learned a lot about color theory the hard way, with some disappointing results, I think this is probably the finest handicraft that I will ever make. I say that because I accidentally made it too detailed and, due to a lack of foresight, decided to cut it out and sew it completely by hand. (Never again!) I now take many more shortcuts and attempt to get away with many more sloppy habits than I used to when I first started this cutie. Still, in spite of all the small problems I see, I like the way she turned out--super comfy!

1 comment:

Travis said...

Looks awesome!