Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sticks and Stones

Why are rocks so expensive? I actually know why. They are heavy and nobody wants to move them because it will break your back to do so. I love a good rocky garden path, but man, I do not want to spend Home Depot prices on a bunch of rocks. I still mourn the loss of some beautiful stones that my friend Amy and I bought for my first garden path almost 10 years ago. They were reddish and broad and smooth and metamorphic. I had to leave them in Dallas, because, even though I was crazy enough to hire people to move them from Austin to Dallas, I could not justify paying someone to move them back and then store them for me while I lived in Boston. I will now be saving my pennies to replace them. I hope Tillie grows up to like rocks, too. She seems to think they are pretty cool right now.


No comments: