Thursday, May 07, 2009

Limerickathon


[image from: http://cuteoverload.com]

One of my favorite blogs, cuteoverload.com, has been having a contest this week. I have been diligently trying to win a portable video game console for my sweetie. I've been entering five times each day, but alas--I'm not winning--grrrr! It is obviously NOT based on talent, because here are my submissions for the limerick contest earlier in the week (based on photo above):

There once was a cat roly-poly,
Who liked to play only monopoly
He bought up Park Place,
Built a house on the space,
And took my money surely but slowly.

Cosmo the cat, an orange tabby,
At monopoly was not too shabby.
He bought up the railroads,
Made money by the bucket-loads,
Until we sent him to gambling rehab-y.

Why of why did I play this orange cat,
When I knew he was very good at
The game of monopoly
And winning unstoppably?
Oh I wish I had said to him "scat!"

There once was a tabby named Finn,
Who played Monopoly with a grin.
He landed on "Chance"
And started to dance
'Cause he knew the next card would win.

There once was an orange tabby cat,
Who won whatever game he played at.
He challenged poor me
To a game of monopoly,
And now I’m as poor as a rat.

2 comments:

Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy said...

Try this one, I will let you keep the proceeds.

There once was a cat who would play
Monopoly every day
He said with a grin
I know I will win
Send another sucker my way