Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Plant

It turns out I have my own little stink blossom. No, I'm not talking about Tillie--how dare you think that about her!? I'm talking about this little euphorbia plant that my friend Chia gave me for my birthday last year. It surprised me by shooting out a funky bloom a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to photographing it earlier today. I guess it was waiting for the attention, because not 2 hours later it opened to reveal an incredible blossom! And it even stinks like old meat. (Faithful readers will remember my last encounter with such a stink bud: Click here, then scroll down to the post for August 12, 2006.)

Here's what it looked like at 10 am this morning...


And again at 12 pm--just two hours later!


If you get real close you can see how furry it is...


But, don't get too close, because it smells like someone dropped a slice of ham behind the stove a few weeks ago.

No comments: