Sunday, June 01, 2008

Aches

I'm out of town away from Tillie for the first time and oh how it aches! It never ceases to amaze me how primitive my feelings for her are. Scott told me about this sensation on his first trip away from her, and I just didn't get it until it happened to me. We video-conferenced yesterday so I could see and talk to her, but it seemed to do more harm than good. I just REALLY want to squeeze her little thighs and hold her little hands and kiss on her little face and feel the weight of her little body against mine and smell her little, fuzzy head and make her smile and flap her arms with excitement. I MISS HER! Man, I feel it in my stomach, like when you fall in unrequited love for the first time when you are a teen. Every time I see a mom on the street here in Boston, I just want to take her baby for a few minutes. Just a few minutes--I swear I won't kidnap her--I just need a little baby fix...but I probably would get arrested. Sigh. I'll be home soon.

Pics from last week until I see her again...

No comments: