Saturday, February 04, 2006

Movie-Manic

In case you haven’t noticed, I am now in the movie-watching phase of year, in which I start to get a little obsessed with viewing all of the Oscar nominees. This is a nasty vice, I’ll admit. It is expensive and it is not clear that it improves my life in any way. Plus, I miss school and work deadlines and alienate my husband in trying to cram a year’s worth of schlock-y movie watching into four weeks. I’m sad this year, because I don’t really have a chance to throw my annual Academy Award’s party, but nonetheless, I’m still frantically trying to see all the nominees before the big date. I really should see a doctor about this obsession--a head doctor that is. I suspect it has something to do with another secret stress-relieving habit that I have: making to-do lists and crossing off items on said lists. My movie list is really just a to-do list, and going to the movie is crossing off one more list item. It feels like what I imagine that shooting heroine feels like to an addict. It also feels like what I know for a fact that peeling stickers off and sticking them onto things feels like to someone (eg. me) who has a tactile peeling fetish.

Shew, I feel like I just went to confession.


[Image from: http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/cloth/peeling.html]

No comments: