Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Handy

I had a bit of free time last week and thought I'd use it to fix up some unfinished projects around the house. One of the previous owners must have fancied him/herself a handyman, and let me tell you, he/she was greatly mistaken. Not a single room in the house is free of this numbskull's jury rigging. After an afternoon of fixing all the easy things, I felt pretty darn skilled, but I think I might have met my match: the refrigerator. It's been tiled into its nook such that you need to lift it half an inch to get it out of it's "hole." The problem is that there is not a half an inch of head room above it, so what do you do? We've already cracked a tile trying to get the thing out for maintenance. Probably once or twice a month, the motor breaks down, the freezer melts, and the food all spoils. Then it feels better and gets back to freezing again for another couple of weeks. I imagine that there is about 3 puppies worth of animal hair back there gumming things up! The only thing more stressful than a car that keeps breaking down (also a problem this week) is a fridge that periodically stops working. If Tillie were a little smaller, we could just send her back there with a tiny vacuum cleaner...

No comments: