Friday, September 19, 2008

One Year Ago...

...I was huge.

My goodness, Tillie turns 1 in just two weeks. We went to a new friend's 1st birthday a couple of weeks ago. He didn't like his cupcake, poor thing. Why is it so much fun for a bunch of adults to stand in a circle around a freaked out little kid staring at him in great anticipation while he tentatively tries his first bite of birthday cake? I mean, that is a lot of pressure on a little guy. We love cake. We dream of having the chance to taste cake for the first time all over again. We think, if only it were possible...no, instead I'll just experience it vicariously through this young child. Yes, let's feed this kid cake and just savor his reaction. It will be the closest we can ever get to our beloved youth. I'm starting Tillie on a daily regime of muffins in preparation for this big event. She will LOVE her cake damnit!

No comments: