Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Apple Pie a Day...

How do you get rid of many apples? You bake many pies. Last weekend, Amy and I made 9 full-size pies and 5 mini pies. We have given most of them away, but we are still gobbling through the remaining 3. Our nightly ritual of "pie-s-cream" is going to destroy my recent diet success, but it will be worth every moment!

Speaking of diets, it took only 6 months of Weight Watchers, but I finally lost my pregnancy weight, plus an additional 10 pounds! I feel like me again. Okay, I kind of cheated on the last pound--it came off due to the evil food poisoning of last week. I discovered what all anorexics and bulimics have known for decades, 4 days of not eating is an effective way to lose 4 pounds. I can't recommend it though. I felt like crap. Obviously, due to the number of pies I have personally polished off this week, I'm back to my normal self. Shew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That's a lot of pie! Impressive. Whence came such a quantity of apples? Any chance crafty night will feature pie? I just might be able to come, after all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, duh. I read on. About the produce explosion. It is all clear to me now...