Monday, August 25, 2008

Rott-in-Hell-Weilers

A new neighbor moved in behind our house. She has 4 rottweilers. They bark. They bark all night. It sounds like this: rarf...rar-arf........RARRF, rarf, RarrFF...rarf-RARF! Random and high-pitched. It goes on the entire night with only 10 minutes here and there when they take a little break--maybe their little barking throats get tired and they need to get some water. I don't know, but then they start right back up again. I had murderous thoughts last night--not for the dogs, who were the ones doing the barking, right outside our bedroom window--but for the owner who locked them out two nights in a row. Then, after she has had her luxurious beauty sleep, she lets them into the house for the day.

I'm trying to decide the best approach here. Her son bought the house, so this is a *permanent* thing. She will not be moving away any time soon. This means I have to be nice. I suppose I should bring her some banana bread and ask her nicely if she'll keep them inside at night. But, if she is at all sane, she wouldn't want them interrupting her sleep either. I don't think there is any law against having your dogs in your yard at night doing dog things. This is horrible, though. It made my neighborhood, which is something that I love, turn into something that I hate.

No comments: