Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home Depot Tastes Good

I finally figured out why I don't feel so desperate anymore. We just recently doubled the amount of hours that we have a nanny come watch Tillie--from 10 to 20 per week. We really can't afford it. I mean, it is crazy expensive. However, I'm actually getting work done, so in theory I will eventually get paid enough to afford it. (It's a ramping up process, so we'll see.) Before this whole nanny increase, I just didn't ever feel relaxed in the evenings or on weekends because every spare moment *could* be a moment that I was working. Now, I actually can relax. Yesterday we took Tillie to the bookstore and I watched a movie with Scott. Today we took her to the pool and she had a blast splashing around. I can't believe I squandered a whole summmer working and worrying about not having enough nanny time when I could have been taking my little tadpole to the wading pool down the street from our house! Alas, next summer we'll have to do double time to make up for it. When I get pictures from the pool uploaded, I'll share them. In the meantime, here's what Tillie thinks of hardware shopping:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this picture rivals in my mind the one of Writer channeling Dumb Donald. It is one of the cutest and funnies pictures of Tilly. I love it!

Love
Auntie K.