Friday, July 11, 2008

Strawberry Short Stuff

I had a burning desire to do something domestic this past week. I made cherry cupcakes kind of for a birthday and kind of because I missed my mixer. (Dieting is the one thing you can't mix with your KitchenAid mixer, har, har.) The cakes were lovely as individuals, even lovelier in a bunch, and off-the-charts lovely when packed in a little pastel box.


Another shot that shows that I busted out, count em', 5 colors of frosting!


What did Tillie do while I was frosting them? She ate strawberries. She was a mess afterwards, but she smelled so good! My new name for her is strawberry short stuff.


Tillie inspects the fabric of her new party dress.


Kerry holds the newest of our friends--week old Luca. His mommas ate the cupcakes, which means that a few molecules of their sweetness will be infused in him. I feel so honored!

No comments: