Saturday, August 25, 2007

Beh-Be Prepared

My big sister, who has a baby and a 4-year-old, took me to the baby store yesterday and helped me buy everything we need for the first two weeks of our baby’s life. This was a LOT of stuff. I feel completely relieved to have all the little diapers, washcloths, onsies, ointments, soaps, blankies, pads, tubs, bins, and pails that a newborn needs right away. We still have 6 weeks until she comes, but I just felt so out of control. I’m a person who likes to be in control, and here I am “planning” for a factor that is completely unpredictable. I don’t know when she’ll be born, I don’t know whether she’s going to be an easy or difficult baby, I don’t know when I’ll be able to work again, and I don’t know how the rhythm of my home-life is going to change. This is a control freak’s worst nightmare! At least now I know that I don’t have to stop by Target on the way home from the hospital. Now THAT sounded like a nightmare.


[Image from: http:// www.zaskmedical.com]

No comments: