Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Cookie Tells No Lies

So, forget science, forget pre-conceptual voodoo, forget second sense, belly-eye-balling, and maternal instinct…and go eat a fortune cookie, because we’re having a baby girl.

I’m in complete shock, because I was just absolutely CERTAIN we were having a boy. I mean, medical science (though rife with disclaimers) insisted on it. Now, they are going the other way. Don’t get me wrong--I’m pretty psyched to know my baby’s gender, and I don’t really care what it is, but I must admit that I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the girl verdict. I keep trying to paste a new, stereotypical gender onto my previous deeply ingrained vision. This results in a mental image of a real baby boy wearing a pink vinyl mini-mouse-style dress. I know, I’m insane.

Anyway, for those of you who like to look at blurry night-vision-goggle images of the preformed, here are some ultrasound pics:


Is she hitching a ride? Telling us she’s “A-okay”? Or offending us in whatever culture considers the thumbs-up sign taboo? I see this and think, “Awesome! She has at least one opposable thumb and therefore can hold a pencil. Ergo, she’ll be a writer, artist, secretary, pencil salesman, or file clerk. I’m so proud!”


Now folks, this one is a little racy, so if you are easily offended, please avert your eyes. Yep, that is an arrow pointing at her girl parts. Now I finally have the picture that will embarrass her on her first date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, i have to say, the boy prognosis didn't feel quite right to me...