Friday, October 13, 2006

On the Err

Today’s show was a success, though we had a minor technical glitch. Actually it was major, because it involved some dead air (a radio sin), and it also meant that one person’s piece didn’t air--such a waste! However, we had a studio guest, a phoned-in guest, a minidisk package, an mp3 package, the next guys’ CD cued up, and sound clips from a movie (Friday the 13th) and a Stevie Wonder song (Superstition). All I needed was something from an LP to use every piece of equipment in the studio--not too shabby for only our third show.

I think if I ever get my own studio, I will make sure to have one slide on the soundboard reserved for some emergency audio. This would be vital sound that I would fall back to should I have technical difficulties with any other part of the show. Today, I had to improvise and relied on Stevie a little too much, but hey, a show with too much Wonder is still wonderful.

Have a listen at this link:
October 13th show - LUCK


[Image from: http://steviewonder.free.fr/html/photoGallery7.html]

No comments: