Thursday, October 05, 2006

Belly Flopsy

Okay, well now I know my limitations. I can’t take a six-day, heart-wrenching trip to Texas in the middle of the semester and still write a decent paper on the current state of the stem cell controversy. I tried, but it was a big flop. And, so was my radio story on how stem cells were going to revolutionize gay marriage. My equipment failed during the interview, so I was unable to capture a single good quote--even though I practically gave the researcher his nobel-prize winning idea for his next experiment. Then, one of the main researchers played lame games with me for two weeks, sometimes promising to talk and other times acting like I was a kid. Well damn it, it IS for a student publication, but it's still going to be on the internet and it's only 10 freakin' minutes of your time!

From now on I will take on only cheese-fluff journalism assignments. I’ll save the world-changing, heavy-hitting investigative meat for when I’ve got the time and resources. I think that everything that I have worked on so far this semester has failed. Fortunately, when you are in school, you can start fresh all over again with the next round of papers. And, you can think with satisfaction, “At least I’ve really learned something.” Great. Why doesn’t that feel as satisfying?


[Image from: http://redneckgames.tripod.com/id4.html]

No comments: