Monday, October 10, 2011

Cake Ball Roller Coaster of Shame and Envy

I was planning a post to bring comfort to all you haters/jealous-types who worry that I am some sort of home-making genius whose skills you cannot match. You see, for Tillie's lego birthday party, I was planning on making darling and delicious cake balls that perfectly resembled the heads of lego figures, according to the directions of this model mom blogger:


Well, anyway, I was a little disappointed in the results of these cake balls. Here's what mine looked like (not lego-yellow, more like dirty white-beige, not lego-shaped, lumpy, poorly applied facial features, greasy tasting, hair-like splinters coming off of pop sticks--some of which stuck through tops of pops, etc.):


But, you see, it turns out that my little friend Hazel was completely delighted by these "failures". So, now you can go back to being jealous of me and my mad cake ball skillz!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

That's funny! I attempted to make the most adorable goldfish from circus peanuts and royal icing for blue iced cupcakes but after a catastrophic failure in securing fin to body not to mention eyeballs to body a quick stop at the party shop meant that kids enjoyed edible spiderman finger puppets as toppings. All kids loved. All evidence of goldfish canned, literally. 5 bags of circus peanuts trashed because really who eats circus peanuts anyway??

Anonymous said...

This post really tickled my funny bone and I am laughing over here with sleepy Dash napping on my lap. Great photo, too. Rosa