Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bag Lady

Scott took off for a five day trip for a conference. This means that it is just me and the kids. I have a new respect for single moms!

Speaking of respect...I deserve some for making these awesome tiny bags for one of Scott's toys. He came up with the basic design, but I'm feeling pretty darn proud of how well I executed his vision. Two are made of wool felt and hemp cord. The other is a fine burlap with thick poly thread. These are the prototypes that the Chinese factory will copy for the final run. I can't wait to see the factory versions of my own handiwork!


The toy was made for an artist named Jeff Soto. Below is what the toy looks like without its little bag. I mean, jeez, what is he going to carry his rocks in?!
[image from: www.bigshottoyworks.com]
Ah, that's better.

1 comment:

klim said...

Thanks For makin these!!
they are awesome!