Monday, February 01, 2010

Pie-rfection

We were invited to a terrific pie party this weekend. There were probably 50 different pies, both savory and sweet. Such an event--a potluck challenge, where participants are inspired to create both the delicious and the unique--is pretty much my favorite type of social occasion. I just love any type of cook-off where the food isn't actually judged and everyone gets to taste the entries. I made a sour cream pear pie, shown below. It was so delicious and fun to make that I made three, one on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm taking a break today, but I'd love to start up again soon. Do you want one?

PS. A lovely thing happened with the first pie, though not the others--half of the pears were a fleshy pink color. It was quite pretty. I wish there were a reliable way of getting pink pears so that all future sour cream pear pies could be this cute.

No comments: