Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Spinning

This video might make you feel disoriented:

...which is how I feel right now. It is totally bizarre waiting for your baby to be born, but not having the baby inside of you. Is this how it feels to be an expectant father? I check my cell phone every 15 minutes. I get a little agitated when I have to be away from the land line. I wake up every morning and wonder if I missed the call while I was sleeping. I think I remember the expectant fathers that I used to work with were like this. Every time their phone rang they would snatch it up and like a hungry wolf and then kind of deflate when it turned out to be someone other than their wife. Of course, most expectant fathers don't worry whether they will get to be the parent of their child. Something happened this week, something just clicked, and I am now just a big ball of stress. It is actually not about being a parent, but whether or not I will get to be a parent. So far, however, even with all the stress ratcheting up as the big day approaches, being an adoptive parent in wait is still preferable to being 9 months pregnant...I think.

1 comment:

elinor said...

Sending all my love and support and positive thoughts your way! Hang in there! LOVELOVELOVE, el