Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's a Stage

A local eatery has a fenced in gravel yard--because of the fence we go there almost every day. (Keeps the tyke from wandering into traffic.) The highlight for the toddler demographic is not a playground but a foot-high wooden platform. It's for bands, but we've never seen any performers on it. Tillie will play on this square stage for a full hour and still throw a fit when we are ready to leave. I'm thinking of building one in our backyard.



PS. I just scrolled down and I realize almost every post includes a picture of this place--I wasn't lying when I said we go there every day!

2 comments:

Travis said...

Is the food any good? Can you post the name or e-mail it to me?

Travis

thixotropy said...

It's Cherrywood Cafe, which is really just Quackenbushe's on 38th street with some new paint and furniture and a new sign. I hear rumors that they will be changing the food, but right now it is identical to old Quack's. I never liked the food there, very unreliable and unremarkable, but it is very convenient to our place. I guess what I'm saying is that I can't really recommend it for anything but the toddler fencing.