Thursday, March 26, 2009

Soft 'Bot Uprising

The robot army that I have been assembling just recently grew by one little quilted soldier. Sweet Miss Hazel Grazel's quilt is pictured below. I love how it turned out, though sadly, I am not happy with the photographs. It will look better, I am certain, when it is snuggled around the little princess herself. I am working on a very exciting quilt project right now--so exciting that I'd really rather not do anything else. Why do we have to work? Why do we have to clean our houses? Why do we have to run errands and cook and do our taxes and the dishes? Why aren't the robots doing these things for us? Actually, come to think of it, right now I have the dishwasher and the washing machine running at the same time. Whenever this happens, I feel like I live in the future. There are robots keeping house for me. What turn-of-the-century woman (the OTHER turn of the century, of course) would disagree with me?



No comments: