Monday, May 12, 2008

Mutter's Day

Tillie with her grandma:


My first mother's day felt pretty special. Tillie's not old enough to do anything for me, but her daddy made me breakfast and let me sleep in. Now that is a treat! I tried to put together something smashing for my own mom. However, it was a typical mother's-day-gift semi-fiasco saved by mom herself in that I had elaborate plans to spoil her with wow-mom iced cupcakes but then had to call her for help at the last minute when I messed up the icing recipe and needed her to bring more sugar. Has anything changed?!

Also, I really wanted to do the Texas tradition of taking pictures of your kid in a field of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. Somehow, I managed to miss bluebonnet season. Usually it is pretty apparent, but I guess I hadn't been driving on any highways lately so the nice lady at the wild flower center had to break it to me that they were all gone. Well, not ALL of them! I managed to find ONE, sad little half-alive bluebonnet a few blocks from my house. Here're Tillie's first bluebonnet pictures:




Well, at least we had a lovely day with my sister and her family.

Tillie's first couple of swings:



Tillie's first swim:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, in those bluebonnet pictures, is Tillie laying in a gutter? Tell the truth, now.

thixotropy said...

The truth is...um...yes, she is sitting in the gutter. And...um...she is even right next to a construction site, which I cropped out of the picture. I know, the whole Mother's Day would have been complete only with a visit from CPS. "But you see, Officer, I HAD to get a bluebonnet picture!!!"