Friday, March 28, 2008

Baby Gourmand

Baby foods Tillie has eaten: rice, apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peaches.

Next week it will be: oats, peas, and prunes.

There are really only a limited number of items that come prepared as baby food. And, let me tell you, the strained, jarred stuff does not taste as good as the real thing. I kind of want to mush up some fresh stuff myself for her. What could I make? I think it would be pretty easy to whip some avocados (like naked guacamole). And, I bet I could make pureed raspberries. That seems like it would go well with oat cereal. As long as I have the food processor and strainer out, I might as well make her some asparagus mash, strained blueberries, and mashed potatoes.

Oh when oh when will she be old enough for some real Texas barbecue? She probably needs some teeth first. As soon as she gets that first little pearly white, I’ll take her to Ruby’s. Then she’ll really know how wonderful food is!

No comments: