Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Might As Well Still Be in 9th Grade

I just reconnected with an old friend who I have known for 15 years. It’s funny how much you don’t change at all. He and I still have much of the same things in common--a thirst for world travel, a love of learning foreign languages, and a passionate distaste for George Bush (only now it’s the younger one). How much of our kindred tastes result because we grew up together and influenced one another to become the people we are today? Or, were we originally drawn to one another because of our shared interests? We’ll never know, but it’s nice to have a good friend in New York, none the less.


Serendipitous view of the Empire State Building from a park bench
(Sadly, my camera phone sucks.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great photos!! you have the eye.