Thursday, April 20, 2006

Scooped

Damn it! I’ve been scooped by a glossy! The editor and chief from Technology Review, the MIT uber-geek magazine, came to our class to speak today. Apparently, they are about to do a huge, front-page feature on the Sony rootkit, the exact same topic that I have been writing about all semester. I could kick myself for waiting on that one. I was hoping to get my piece published somewhere this summer, but now I can’t because it will look like a copycat piece instead of a cutting edge article. Plus, because I haven’t yet pitched it to anyone, I don’t even get to look like a badass for thinking of something that a major magazine then later did. Oh well. I suppose this happens constantly in the real world.

I’m afraid of the real world.


[Image from: http://www.mediamaxtechnology.com/HTML/index.asp]

No comments: