Monday, October 31, 2005

No Longer in Texas, But Still Texan

The house finally sold. We no longer have an address in Texas. YEEHAW! God, that is a huge weight off my shoulders. When the dogs are crazy and need exercise but it's too cold to leave the house, I miss Texas. When Bostonians are rude and talk funny in such a way that I misunderstand and make social blunders, I miss Texas. When it costs over $10 for a freakin' movie ticket, I miss Texas. When I bruise myself tripping over a dog and ramming into a piece of furniture because our overpriced apartment is way too small, I miss Texas. When I want to hang out with my old friends and family, I miss Texas. AT ALL OTHER TIMES I am really happy to be out of that crazy state!


This is Bud, a puppy that my friend Allison was puppy sitting last summer. We took him to the fair. Another thing I miss about Texas that is strangly missing in Boston: my secret puppy fix was regularly administered through random everyday encounters.

No comments: